Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
University Medical Center (UMC) is a non-profit 588-bed academic center, non-profit, a level I trauma center, which was founded in 1931 and is affiliated with the University of Nevada School of Medicine. UMC serves the medical needs of Southern Nevada and parts of California, Utah, and Arizona as well as the millions of visitors to the fabulous Las Vegas region every year.
- Join an established team of 16 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- ED runs codes
- Intensivist manage closed ICU and procedures
- Flexible 7 on/7 off schedule
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Las Vegas is much more than the Strip and gaming. It is home to 2 million people in family-focused neighborhoods, and award-winning master-planned communities with a unique and wide variety of entertainment and five-star dining options. Las Vegas and the suburbs of Summerlin and Henderson are the fastest growing and have been voted the most livable cities because of the climate, and the amenities such as golfing, hiking, and even boating and camping at Lake Mead and nearby National Parks that can be enjoyed all year!
- One of the best International Airports in the US
- Low-cost living, housing, and no state income tax
- Endless entertainment and dining options and close proximity to California, Arizona, and Utah
- Unique outdoor adventures include Red Rock Canyon, Mount Charleston, Lake Mead, Valley of Fire State Park, and the National parks of Utah and California within a short drive or flight