Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Piedmont Macon Medical Center is a 310-bed, Level II tertiary facility with teaching hospitalist service for IM residents from Mercer.
- Team of 9 physicians, 1 advanced practitioner, and a clinical performance nurse
- Closed ICU; 24/7 intensivist
- Inteniviststs run codes
- No call
- Internal medicine physicians only
- Very lucrative salary + generous teaching stipend and a comprehensive benefits package
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Macon has a population of 230,000 and is home to Warner Robbins AFB, Mercer University, Middle GA State College, and Wesleyan College. The closest major airport is an hour and 15 minutes N in Atlanta but Macon has a small commuter airport.
Macon is settled in the middle of the state and is home to the Amerson River Park, Dickery Farm Orchards and has extensive biking and hiking paths along the historic downtown district and the Ocmulgee River. Kayaking is a popular activity on the river and excursions are given by Ocmulgee Outdoor Expeditions.
- Best of the Best 2019 as per Georgia Hospital Association Safety Leader Circle
- Recognized for Patient Safety Excellence Award as per Healthgrades 2020, 2021 & 2022
- Joint Commission Top Performer of Key Quality Measures
- Joint Commission certified in Stroke Rehab, Primary Stroke & COPD