Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed community-owned, not-for-profit hospital located in Vancouver, Washington. In addition to caring for individual patients, PeaceHealth has a strong commitment to improving the health of the communities in which it serves. The facility’s hospitalist-designed technology platform streamlines work, clearing the path to practice high-quality medicine.
- Hospitalist team has 24 physicians, 8 advanced practitioners, and clinical performance nurses
- 7 on/7 off schedule
- ICU closed during the day; open at night; 24/7 intensivist support
- No procedures required
- ED runs codes
- Board certification in internal medicine preferred
- Prefer at least 3-5 years of previous leadership experience
- H1b eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hat on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Vancouver is located on Washington state’s southern border, on the banks of the Columbia River just across from Portland, Oregon. Any direction you look, the scenery is astounding – snowcapped mountains, nationally protected evergreen forests, the waterfall-laced Columbia River gorge, and rugged Pacific-coast beaches – all within a short 90-minute drive. The northwest is a dream come true for outdoor enthusiasts. Vancouver and Portland offer all the best amenities of city living. A thriving arts scene, varied professional sports teams, unique neighborhoods, and a wealth of diverse culinary destinations. The Columbia River Gorge is a renowned windsurfing destination, and there are plentiful options for skiing and hiking with an hour’s drive. The advantages of small city life are preserved in Vancouver with its excellent schools and easy pace. There are fine cultural and commercial offerings just 10 minutes away in Portland and you will enjoy a tax break with no state income tax in Vancouver and no sales tax in Portland!
Awards and Accolades
- 2017 Recipient of the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from Healthgrades
- Among the top 5% of US Hospitals for exceeding national clinical outcomes for pneumonia, heart failure, sepsis, stroke, and respiratory failure
- Level II Stroke Center certification and recipient of the American Heart Association’s 2019 Get with Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for a high standard of stroke care
- Accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and the American College of Radiology as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Accredited non-invasive vascular and echocardiography lab along with a Center of Excellence for Atrial Fibrillation
- Baby-Friendly certification, a global program sponsored by the World Health Organization and United Nations Children’s Fund