Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
St. Vincent Healthcare (SVH) is a faith-based, not-for-profit, 286-bed community hospital. As one of Montana’s largest comprehensive hospitals, SVH has served the healthcare needs of the region since 1899. This regional destination hospital provides a variety of services, including a Level II Trauma Center, Cardiothoracic and vascular medicine, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and a family-centered maternal and child health center, including a Level III NICU and Pediatric ICU. SVH has 57 subspecialties and employs more than 100 physicians and partners with more than 400 independent physicians.
- 20 Full Time Hospitalist team with 6 advanced practitioners and a clinical performance nurse
- Medical Director 50% clinical and 50% administrative
- Closed ICU – no procedures and no codes
- Epic EMR and access to Sound Physicians’ internal informatics platform
- Manageable workload and manageable encounters
- Culture of integrity, honesty, support, and amazing retention rates among physicians and nurses
- Excellent Compensation
What Matters to You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, comradery, and hassle-free onboarding are just a few gears we hang our hats on. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care.
- You will have a dedicated staffing coordinator
- The regional operations team will provide you with ongoing reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from SoundMetrix, our robust data platform
- You will have a dedicated physician-led team for professional education focused on your individual development and growth
Ensuring Success From The Start By Investing In You
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes.
Location and Lifestyle
Billings is the largest city in Montana and home to some of the most breathtaking landscapes in America. Area attractions include numerous cultural and historical sites, including Pompey’s Pillar, Chief Plenty Coups State Park, Yellowstone Art Museum, and the Montana State Zoo.
- 40 miles of paved bike trails for panoramic views of the Bighorn and Pryor Mountains and the Yellowstone River
- Montana’s Only Walkable Brewery District
- Billings Logan International airport provides non-stop service to ten major cities
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- Mild year-round climate with low humidity – average highs of 87 in July and 32 in January; average snowfall is 56”