Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
The Team – The Hospital
Our critical care physicians share ideas with like-minded peers and are truly advancing the practice of critical care medicine. We are a team of dedicated healers, inspired leaders, and the next generation of critical care innovators.
Palmdale Regional Medical Center provides world-class medical care to the citizens of Santa Clarita and the surrounding areas in the Antelope Valley. The hospital opened its doors in 2010, and has a state-of-the-art intensivist care unit and emergency department, with award-winning neuroscience, cardiac, oncology, and rehabilitation programs. Palmdale RMC is in the process of becoming a comprehensive stroke center and has an excellent team of interventional radiologists. They have also been recognized by the American Heart Association as a Certified STEMI Receiving Center.
- 184-bed, community hospital
- Team of 2.5 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- 24-bed ICU with medical, surgical, cardiac, and neuro patients
- Schedule: Block schedule with 12 hour day shifts (no nights or call)
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO with active California license
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- Fellows and recent grads are encouraged to apply
Location & Lifestyle
Palmdale sits in Northern Los Angeles County, offering an easy commute to downtown LA. Palmdale is proximate to a host of lovely communities to raise a family such as Santa Clarita, Pasadena, Moorpark, Simi Valley, all of which are going against the grain of LA traffic to Palmdale! There are tons of outdoor amenities – namely hiking and mountain biking. Many beach communities are also within close proximity. The Santa Clarita Valley is approximately 30 miles south of Palmdale and is where many medical professionals who work at Palmdale RMC call home.
- Excellent place to raise a family: Nationally ranked school systems and theme parks such as Six Flags Magic Mountain and the Santa Clarita Aquatics Center
- Tons of hiking and biking trails: Ideal for those who love outdoors
- Affordable housing market