Full-Time Critical Care Nocturnist Opportunity in Berkeley/Oakland!
We have an opportunity to join our established ICU programs at Alta Bates Summit Oakland and Berkeley campuses.
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center is San Francisco East Bay’s largest private, not-for-profit medical center. Each of our campuses has 24-hour emergency, obstetric, and medical/surgical services in both Oakland and Berkeley. In 2021 the hospital was ranked among Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals in Critical Care and recognized by U.S. News & World Report as High-Performing in Stroke care for 2021. Alta Bates Summit Medical Center has an internal medicine program starting in 2024.
- 36-bed ICU; Medical, surgical, and cardiac patients
- 2 Intensivist from 7a-7p & 1 Intensivist 7p-7a
- STEMI center with robust cardiac surgery, including a structural heart program.
- EMR: EPIC
- 10-night shifts per month with a very competitive compensation package, full benefits, sign-on & relocation
- Salary range $360,000 – $432,000
Education, Training & Experience Required
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking, and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
- MD or DO; Active California medical license is preferred
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
Location & Lifestyle
The East Bay region is the eastern region of the San Francisco Bay Area and includes cities along the eastern shores as well as inland communities in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. Situated directly opposite of the Golden Gate Bridge, the eastern fog brings cool early mornings and a warm Mediterranean summer climate. Rich in musical history, the region is the birthplace of numerous musical acts and is a major center for the development of rock, jazz, folk, funk, and hip-hop. The area features numerous major music and sports arenas, museums, and over 50 parks adjacent to urban areas. Home to numerous restaurants, the East Bay region is central to the creation of California Cuisine.
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.