Full-Time Critical Care Opportunity in Long Beach, CA – teach residents and fellows!
We are expanding our Intensivist team at Long Beach Memorial. This is an exciting opportunity to teach residents and fellows in a private practice model.
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center is a 420-bed non-profit teaching hospital that has been recognized as a major regional provider of medical and surgical services by US News and World Report. Long Beach Medical Center consistently achieves national accolades for its quality care, including being named as one of the U.S. top 125 hospitals by Consumers’ CHECKBOOK; and named one of “America’s Best Hospitals” for Sepsis, Stroke, and Respiratory Failure, by U.S. News & World Report magazine.
- 32-bed ICU (mixed with med, surg, neuro); & a 15 bed CVICU
- In ICU, 2 Intensivists 7a-7p. We also have one Pulm-Crit fellow & four Internal Medicine residents. At night there are two Internal Medicine residents
- In CVICU we have 1 Intensivist 7a-7p. Intensivist, Noctensivist, and IM residents cover all 47 ICU beds from 7p-7a.
- 7 on 7 off schedule with one week of days and one week of nights each month
- Research opportunities exist for those interested
- EMR Cerner with dragon for dictation
- Salary range: $455k-$530k
Education, Training & Experience Required
- MD or DO
- Must be board certified or board eligible in critical care medicine
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking, and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting
Success Happens When You Start With Your People
Sound Physicians, a physician-founded and led organization, focuses on improving quality, patient satisfaction, and ICU performance. Our model is designed to challenge the status quo and transform the way critical care is provided. This is accomplished by our relentless pursuit to create value and eliminate waste in the ICU, implementing critical care programs that focus on improving the lives of patients while creating value for our hospital partners.
We ensure that physicians have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that measurably improves quality and lowers the cost of healthcare for patients in the communities we serve. Our culture promotes physician autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Physicians have the ability to effectively participate in the process of change management within the community hospital ICU setting.
Location & Lifestyle
Long Beach is a beautiful, vibrant beachfront community located ½ hour from Los Angeles. Numerous unique dining and shopping destinations are mixed with eclectic neighborhoods, arts and culture, history, family-friendly activities, and endless sports and recreation opportunities in this urban waterfront playground. Enjoy a live performance at the Long Beach Performing Arts Center, home to the Long Beach Symphony Orchestra, or enjoy a fun family day at the Long Beach Aquarium. Catalina Island, Disneyland, and Universal Studios Hollywood are all a short car drive away.