Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Sound Physicians in partnership with The Alaska Hospitalist Group provide daytime Intensivist coverage at Providence Alaska Medical Center, and Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, with additional Intensivists on at night, including electronic ICU (eICU) services. The Intensivists also support critically ill patients at St. Elias Specialty Hospital, working in partnership with the hospitalists.
- Join a team of 10 Critical Care physicians
- Cover critical care at our 2 main sites, Providence Alaska Medical Center and Mat-Su
- 2 on during night, covering eICU and 1 covering local hospital
- 3 on during day, 1 covering pulmonary service
- eICU responsibility 7 days/month
- About 80% are surgical patients
- Part-time option available
Location & Lifestyle
Alaska has so much to offer! Anchorage is a modern city with beautiful scenery and so much outdoor recreation. The city includes moose, bears, glaciers, and many miles of trails for activities to include hiking, biking, and skiing. There are also golf courses, shopping malls, world-class restaurants, two universities as well as a sports arena, and a performing arts center. Enjoy the view of the Chugach Mountains while taking in the wild and include the modern amenities of a vibrant city with so much to do and see.
In addition to the beautiful nature of Alaska, you will also appreciate the financial benefits of no state income or sales tax. Anchorage also pays its 285,000 residents a yearly dividend from oil revenues.