ICU Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP)
The Team – The Hospital
Providence Medford Medical Center is a full-service community hospital, level III trauma, and primary stroke center offering a full range of subspecialty support. Services offered include emergency services, stroke care, cardiac and vascular care, a birth center, total joint replacement and spine health programs, robotic surgery, and one of the most comprehensive rehabilitation programs in the region.
- 122-bed hospital; 12-15 bed ICU
- Team of 2 physicians and 3 advanced practitioners
- One nurse practitioner on night 7 p to 7 a with Sound TeleICU
- EMR: EPIC
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical, surgical, cardiac and neuro patients (LVAD, ECMO, TAVR, etc)
- Actively present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- A current, unrestricted license
- 1-2 years of ACNP practicing experience; HM and EM practicing NP’s welcomed
Location & Lifestyle
Medford sits in Southern Oregon’s beautiful Rogue Valley, just 30 miles from the California border. With 4-season activities and over 200 days of sunshine a year in a stunning mountain setting, the community offers a variety of options including hiking, kayaking, biking, skiing and nature viewing. The Rogue Valley boasts several livable towns including Ashland with its world-famous Shakespeare festival, world class wineries and restaurants.