Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Serving the Texarkana region of Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma, CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System, a Catholic, faith-based health system and a part of CHRISTUS Health, was established in 1916 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word. CHRISTUS St. Michael offers a full scope of expansive healthcare services including a Primary Stroke Center, Joint Replacement Center, Heart care, Imaging and diagnostic services for inpatient and outpatient, surgical services, and rehabilitation.
- 230-bed acute care hospital with a total of 354 beds
- Level III Trauma Center
- Established team with 17 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- Open ICU
- No procedures required
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
- One of only 8% of U.S. hospitals Magnet recognized
- Recognized as a “100 Top Hospitals by” Thomson Reuters, 2011 & 2012
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Texarkana is a unique city split between Texarkana, Texas, and Texarkana, Arkansas. Residents enjoy a low cost of living and no state income tax in Texas, as well as Arkansans, live within the city limits.
- Abundant woodlands and area lakes are enjoyed year-round affording opportunities for hunting, fishing, and boating
- Larger metro areas such as Dallas and Little Rock are just a few hours away