Hospitalist Opportunity in Mishawaka, Indiana
Saint Joseph Health System is a Regional Ministry Organization of Trinity Health that provides compassionate, faith-based care paired with the latest in advanced medical technology and procedures. In addition to acute-based hospital care, Saint Joseph is proud to provide a wide range of community-based and post-acute services including community wellness, physical rehabilitation, home care, physician clinics, outpatient services, independent and assisted senior living, memory care, and affordable senior apartments. Saint Joseph RMC has also been voted as a ”Top 15 Health Systems” by Truven Health Analytics.
- 254-bed, non-profit hospital
- An established team of 20 physicians, 3 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call environment
- Co-Managed ICU – Procedures are not required
- Schedule: Monday-Friday; 7 clinical shifts, and 8 administrative shifts per month; PTO and holiday pay, plus full benefits
- Board certification in internal medicine or family medicine with 2+ years as a medical director of a hospitalist program required
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Location & Lifestyle
Mishawaka is a part of the South Bend, Indiana metropolitan area, boasting a cumulative population of 318,586. The city prides itself on being safe and provides a very low cost of living with excellent schools. Mishawaka has received many accolades including being ranked second in the State of Indiana by Business Week Magazine as one of the best places to raise your kids.
- Seeking vibrance and charm? You will love the diversity found in the neighborhoods throughout the metro area
- Are you a football fan? Enjoy a Saturday afternoon cheering on that Fighting Irish at the University of Notre Dame, a top 20 university and one of the top sporting venues in the United States
- Other nearby metropolitan areas: Chicago, IL. 100 miles to the west, Ann Arbor, MI. 175 miles to the northeast, Indianapolis, IN. 146 miles to the south, and Kalamazoo, MI: 70 miles to the north
- Voted ”Best Place to Raise Your Kids” – Business Week (second place)
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.