Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- 391-bed non-profit, top-rated, Catholic hospital just 5 minutes from downtown Richmond
- Established team of 23 physicians, 6 advanced practitioners, and 2 clinical performance nurses
- No call environment
- Closed ICU – managed by Sound’s own critical care team
- No procedures required
- H1B eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and filing services are covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Sound Physicians is a leading healthcare organization with a proven track record of improving quality, satisfaction, and financial performance for its hospital partners nationwide. Sound combines a high-performance model with engaged providers to drive reproducible results across the acute care episode – through anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, critical care, telemedicine, and physician advisory services.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
If you’re from Richmond, you already know this wonderful location is one of our nation’s best-kept secrets! However, if you’re not from the area, here is some very exciting information for you. Richmond, Virginia, is one of our nation’s top metropolitan cities for businesses, singles, and families and ranks 53rd on a list of U.S. best places to live, according to the 2019 edition of the U.S. News and World report of liveable cities! One of our many unique attractions is the James River which boasts 550 acres of scenic shorelines and islands which is amazing for river and riverfront activities such as kayaking, fishing, biking, walking, and jogging. Other Richmond attractions include outdoor concerts and festivals, a children’s museum, art galleries, golf courses, fun breweries, wine bars, tons of eclectic shopping, and delicious, diverse, artistically designed restaurants. Richmond is an awesome place for foodies!
Residing in Richmond is exciting! It’s home to top colleges and universities and also home to top-notch public and private schools. The city offers trendy lofts and modern condos overlooking the river, as well as, beautiful homes with historic design and thoughtfully planned out subdivisions. Also, close by are relaxing, acres upon acres of scenic farmland. One very much appreciated benefit of our city is that we do not have the traffic congestion of other metropolitan cities so getting around is, refreshingly stress-free! And if you wanted to get away for the weekend, Richmond is an easy drive to the breathtaking Blue Ridge Mountains, fun in the sun at multiple beaches, or loads to experience in Washington D.C or the Carolinas. Come to see for yourself and get ready for a great time!