Hospitalist or Nocturnist
Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians knows that the only way to achieve our vision of being “the unmatched leader in improving quality and lowering the cost of care in the communities we serve” is through the well-being of our people. We care about your peace of mind, and that comes from knowing you are part of an organization that supports you.
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed community-owned, not-for-profit hospital located in Vancouver, Washington. In addition to caring for individual patients, PeaceHealth has a strong commitment to improving the health of the communities in which it serves. The facility’s hospitalist-designed technology platform streamlines work, clearing the path to practice high-quality medicine.
- Hospitalist team 24 physicians, 9 advanced practitioners, and clinical performance nurses
- 7 on/7 off schedule; part-time option available
- ICU – Closed during the day; open at night; 24/7 intensivist coverage; no procedures; no codes
- J1 and H1b eligible facility; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Providers
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Vancouver is located on Washington state’s southern border, on the banks of the Columbia River just across from Portland, Oregon. Any direction you look, the scenery is astounding – snowcapped mountains, nationally protected evergreen forests, the waterfall-laced Columbia River gorge, and rugged Pacific-coast beaches – all within a short 90-minute drive. The northwest is a dream come true for outdoor enthusiasts. Vancouver and Portland offer all the best amenities of city living. A thriving arts scene, varied professional sports teams, unique neighborhoods, and a wealth of diverse culinary destinations. The Columbia River Gorge is a renowned windsurfing destination, and there are plentiful options for skiing and hiking with an hour’s drive. The advantages of small city life are preserved in Vancouver with its excellent schools and easy pace. There are fine cultural and commercial offerings just 10 minutes away in Portland and you will enjoy a tax break with no state income tax in Vancouver and no sales tax in Portland!
Awards and Accolades
- Accredited by NIAHO®
- The Regional Cancer Center has received a three-year accreditation with a perfect score for its compliance rating
- 2017 Recipient of the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from Healthgrades
- Among the top 5% of US Hospitals for exceeding national clinical outcomes for pneumonia, heart failure, sepsis, stroke, and respiratory failure
- Level II Stroke Center certification and recipient of the American Heart Association’s 2019 Get with Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for a high standard of stroke care
- Accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and the American College of Radiology as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Accredited non-invasive vascular and echocardiography lab along with a Center of Excellence for Atrial Fibrillation
- Baby-Friendly certification, a global program sponsored by the World Health Organization and United Nations Children’s Fund