Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians is a physician-founded and led hospital medicine practice that started in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. We believe this starts by offering a better career model designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
For more than 60 years, Olathe Medical Center (OMC) has expanded its services to meet the community’s growing needs. Today, OMC, located at Olathe Medical Park, is one of the largest hospital campuses in the Midwest with a nearly 250-acre campus in southern Johnson County. The five-story acute-care medical center has a network of practicing physicians specializing in nearly every area of medicine.
- Team with 10 physicians, 3 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU; intensivist available
- ED run codes
- No procedures
- H1B eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Olathe is located is twenty miles southwest of downtown Kansas City and is accessed via Interstate I-35. Olathe’s downtown is growing ever more vibrant and diverse. It’s a center of government and professional services, unique small businesses, restaurants, historic neighborhoods, and cultural opportunities. The focus of civic life in its community and the many recent investments made in the heart of the city demonstrate a strong commitment to the downtown core.
Awards and Accolades
- Nationally recognized for heart attack and stroke care
- Named a Most Wired Health System
- Joint Commission accredited
- Award-Winning for heart attack care: 2019 Platinum Performance Achievement Award, Chest Pain – MI registry