Through People, We Make a Difference
Our physicians and advanced practice providers all strive to improve quality, and we work hard to replicate their best ideas across the organization to improve outcomes for more than one million patients cared for by Sound Physicians annually. Our commitment to improving outcomes for patients is rooted in our ability to attract exceptional people. Great people, coupled with the right tools and development, are how we positively impact healthcare quality, one patient at a time, for millions of patients each year.
- Collaborative practice environment
- 229-bed hospital not for-profit hospital affiliated with Christus Health
- Established team with 14 physicians, a hospitalist coordinator, and a clinical performance nurse
- Full specialty backup to include cardiac cath lab, rehab, stenting, coronary and vascular intervention, intensivist, pulmonology, sleep medicine, and neurology
- EM run codes
- Co-managed ICU with pulmonary/critical care support
- No procedures required
- J1 eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
Located in NW Louisiana, Shreveport is the 3rd largest city of Louisiana with a population of 200,000 and the Shreveport-Bossier City metropolitan population exceeds 400,000. Shreveport is the commercial and cultural center of the Arkansas-Louisiana-Texas region, where TX, AR, and LA meet.
The Red River is the heart and soul of Shreveport, a cultural and gaming center on the LA/TX border. Riverboat casinos evoke the glamour and mystery of the past while providing modern visitors and its citizens with thrills and excitement. The downtown area is a vibrant, historical city with its culture deeply immersed in good food and entertainment. Residents can enjoy a wide array of activities from fine dining in the area’s fine waterfront district which includes numerous historical museums, art galleries, theater, shopping, and botanical gardens.