Emergency Medicine Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
Barstow Community Hospital is a 30-bed facility with inpatient and outpatient services, and medical, surgical, and emergency care. This an acute care facility providing some of the latest medical technology in our area, including 1.5 Tesla MRI, 32-slice CT, digital mammogram unit, 3D/4D ultrasound, and more.
- 20 bed 28,000 volume ED
- MedHost EMR
- Open ICU
- No Procedures
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
The Sound Physicians emergency medicine leadership recognizes the medical team as key to the success of our hospital partnerships. The clinical onboarding of all our nurse practitioners and physician assistants is a coordinated process that recognizes the skill level of the APP based on a tiered approach to their clinical experience. While the EM APP onboarding program is standardized, it is guided and overseen at the site level by site-specific leaders.
- ACLS/BLS/PALS required
- Current, unrestricted license in CA required and one-year post-training EM experience
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Barstow is located in the Inland Empire North region of San Bernardino County, halfway between Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Barstow is located in the western Mojave at the entrance to the Mojave National Preserve. The city offers all of the major conveniences of small-town living with the resources of major metropolitan areas only a short drive away.
Awards and Accolades
- The Joint Commission accredited
- Chest Pain Center designation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Baby-Friendly Designation, a global program sponsored by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- NICHE designation (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders)
- CLIA-certified laboratory (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments)
- American College of Radiology accredited mammography program