Associate Medical Director
Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
Sound Physicians started as a physician founded and led hospital medicine practice in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. A great practice starts by offering a better career model, designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Join the Sound Physicians team of hospitalists at the region’s only Level 1 trauma center, the region’s only children’s hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. Highly recognized and awarded, Memorial Hospital has won several awards for clinical care and excellence in exceptional Patient Care, Cancer Care, and Heart and Vascular Care.
- 612 bed, academic, tertiary facility. Hospitalist teaching service with IM residents from Mercer
- An established team of 31 physicians, 8 advanced practitioners, and two clinical performance nurses
- Level I Trauma Center
- Full subspecialty support
- Closed ICU with 24/7 intensivist support
- Full specialty backup and support – cardiac unit recently expanded and a full pediatric hospitalist program
- Prior chief hospitalist/leadership experience preferred or 1+ years acute care hospitalist experience with career aspirations to lead a team
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Success Happens When you Start With your People
Physicians who choose to lead at Sound thrive because they are willing to take risks, and focus on their teams while doing whatever they can to make their practice successful. We give aspiring leaders a foundation from which to grow into roles with additional responsibilities. Experienced leaders also have opportunities to fine-tune their skills through coaching and advanced content. Each of us deserves the opportunity to feel “comfortable, healthy, and happy” in the midst of our professional commitments so that we can do great work and experience joy in the practice of medicine. At Sound Physicians, we invest in our leaders through physician-led learning & development team so you can reach your greatest human potential.
- Sound’s “Well Being” program is solely focused on advancing the well-being of our clinicians
- Dedicated learning and development program that includes virtual and live events and mentorship designed to accelerate clinical leadership
- Clinician-specific tools focused on gaining insight into individual performance quality, satisfaction, and other key outcomes
Location and Lifestyle
Savannah, Georgia is a city diverse in culture and is located on the beautiful Georgia coast. The city offers a strong economy, good quality of living, and a wide spectrum of cultural and recreational activities. Savannah boasts a low cost of living, rich history, and an exciting food scene for a wonderful culinary experience with the riverfront being a popular place for dining and shopping at the various restaurants and shops that line the riverwalk. The area has beautiful coastal beaches, a warm temperate climate year-round, fishing, golf, boating, hiking, biking, and robust tourism to the area for its scenic beauty.
- Savannah is 20 minutes from the beach/Atlantic Ocean and 50 minutes to Hilton Head, SC
- Major employers in the area include Gulfstream Aerospace, Georgia Pacific, and Ft. Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield
- Savannah is home to South University and Mercer University