Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – LTAC
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Will Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- 30-bed, co-managed ICU; LTAC facility
- Team of 7 physicians and 7 advanced practitioners; will work solo
- Procedures required
- Schedule: 7 on/7 off
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU to include procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical and surgical patients
- Present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in TX; Acute care certified NP or PA with active BLS/ACLS certification required
- Minimum of 3 years of practice experience with recent critical care experience is preferred
Location & Lifestyle
Located in north-central Texas, Dallas is less than four hours away from most North American cities traveling by air from its two airports. The city boasts an average of 285 sunny days a year which uses to its advantage offering the largest Urban Arts District in the country, an internationally recognized skyline, and 26 different neighborhoods to explore, each with its own flare. Home to 21 Fortune 500 companies, the city is also home to five professional sports teams, numerous music and entertainment venues, theaters, the Dallas Symphony, and much more. Texas’ motto is “Friendship”, which perfectly describes the city’s welcoming personality.