Part – Time Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care (Nocturnist)
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Palmdale Regional Medical Center provides world-class medical care to the citizens of Santa Clarita and the surrounding areas in the Antelope Valley. The hospital opened its doors in 2010, and has a state-of-the-art intensivist care unit and emergency department, with award-winning neuroscience, cardiac, oncology, and rehabilitation programs. Palmdale RMC is in the process of becoming a comprehensive stroke center and has an excellent team of interventional radiologists. They have also been recognized by the American Heart Association as a Certified STEMI Receiving Center.
- 184-bed, community hospital
- Team of 3 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- 24-bed ICU with medical, surgical, cardiac, and neuro patients
- Block schedule with 12 hour night shifts (7pm to 7am); Backup provided by a Sound tele-ICU physician
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians. As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently admit, assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU to include procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical, surgical, cardiac, and neuro patients
- Run evening rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in CA; Acute care certification required (ANCC, NCCPA, AANP)
- Minimum of 3 years of practice experience with recent critical care experience is preferred
Location & Lifestyle
Palmdale sits in Northern Los Angeles County, offering an easy commute to downtown LA. Palmdale is proximate to a host of lovely communities to raise a family such as Santa Clarita, Pasadena, Moorpark, Simi Valley, all of which are going against the grain of LA traffic to Palmdale! There are tons of outdoor amenities – namely hiking and mountain biking. Many beach communities are also within close proximity. The Santa Clarita Valley is approximately 30 miles south of Palmdale and is where many medical professionals who work at Palmdale RMC call home.
- Excellent place to raise a family: Nationally ranked school systems and theme parks such as Six Flags Magic Mountain and the Santa Clarita Aquatics Center
- Tons of hiking and biking trails: Ideal for those who love outdoors
- Affordable housing market