System Medical Director
Join the next generation of physician leaders!
Sound Physicians is seeking exceptional candidates for an opportunity to help lead our well-established program in Cincinnati, Ohio. As a System Director, you have opportunities to connect and collaborate with other leaders during scheduled chief calls, and during our regional and national leadership conferences. You will also develop policies and guidelines while improving efficiencies through monitoring quality and efficiency metrics. Our model is designed to ensure you have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that enables our organization to drive improved outcomes.
As a System Director, you will have a dedicated internal team to support you.
- Oversee communications between multi-service lines to ensure a smooth patient experience throughout the hospital visit
- You will have a staffing coordinator to handle all scheduling
- The regional operations manager will provide you with weekly reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
- Dedicated physician-led team for professional education through in-person and online modules on the SoundInstitute™ with a great emphasis on learning and development
- Develop into a Sound Physicians partner through Path to Partnership™
If you are a progressive physician leader who wants continued growth and development, then Sound Physicians is the right choice for you.
Sound Physicians has partnered with Mercy Health at The Jewish Hospital since 2011 to provide premier hospital medicine services. Mercy Health is the largest nonprofit healthcare system in Ohio with a mission to serve the entire community, especially the poor and underserved. The Jewish Hospital – Mercy Health is one of five Mercy Health hospitals in Cincinnati and Sound Physicians provides hospital medicine services in four of the Mercy Health hospitals during the day and all five at night. Sound has more than 80 providers locally working in hospital medicine and transitional care with the Jewish Hospital team currently comprised of 14 physicians. Sound offers competitive shift rates with RVU bonus potential as well as full benefits including medical, dental vision, short/long term disability, life insurance, 401k, CME allowance, and more.
- 3+ years of leadership experience in hospital medicine is required
- Board-certified in internal medicine or family medicine required
- Active OH license or in the process of applying
- H1B eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Location and Lifestyle
Cincinnati’s blend of cultural heritage, historic architecture, world-class sports teams, and museums draw people from all over the United States. Popular Cincinnati attractions include cruising along the Ohio River in the BB Riverboats, going to see the Bengals pro-football, or the Reds pro-baseball teams play, strolling along the Cincinnati Riverfront Park, or visiting one of the many art and history museums. Other attractions include the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, the Krohn Conservatory, and Coney Island. Cincinnati’s mix of indoor and outdoor entertainment, restaurants, and attractions make it the perfect city in which to live and work, no matter the season.