System Medical Director
Join the next generation of physician leaders!
Sound Physicians is seeking exceptional candidates for an opportunity to help lead our well-established program in Rockford, Illinois. As a System Director with Sound Physicians, you have opportunities to connect and collaborate with other leaders during scheduled chief calls, and during our regional and national leadership conferences. You will also develop policies and guidelines while improving efficiencies through monitoring quality and efficiency metrics. Our model is designed to ensure you have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care that enables our organization to drive improved outcomes.
As a System Director, you will have a dedicated internal team to support you.
- Oversee communications between multi-service lines to ensure a smooth patient experience throughout the hospital visit
- You will have a staffing coordinator to handle all scheduling
- The regional operations manager will provide you with weekly reports to help manage performance
- Benefit from utilizing the robust data reporting that Sound Physicians provides leaders with to continuously improve operations
- Dedicated physician-led team for professional education through in-person and online modules on the SoundInstitute™ with a great emphasis on learning and development
- Develop into a Sound Physicians partner through Path to Partnership™
If you are a progressive physician leader who wants continued growth and development, then Sound Physicians is the right choice for you.
Swedish American Hospital is a 357-bed, non-profit, teaching hospital serving the greater Rockford region, northern Illinois, and southern Wisconsin. As a division of the University of Wisconsin Health, Swedish offers patients local access to many world-class specialists. The hospital is also the largest regional cancer center and the only heart hospital in the region and has achieved Magnet® recognition as a reflection of its nursing professionalism, teamwork, and superiority in patient care
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 73% administrative leadership position (approximately 4 clinical day shifts per month)
- 5+ years of leadership experience in hospital medicine is required
- Board-certified in internal medicine required
- Active IL license or in the process of applying
- H1B eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered
Location and Lifestyle
Rockford, Illinois is located 90 miles NW of Chicago and has a population of just under 150,000. There is a small-town friendliness mixed with vibrancy from a richness of natural sites and intellectual institutions with diverse cultures and businesses. Rockford offers an excellent place to live, work, and play. Rockford has fantastic schools, a local symphony, a community theatre, and a university.