Regional Medical Director – Value Based Hospitalist
Through People, We Make a Difference
Do you have the spirit of an entrepreneur with the creativity and drive to transform healthcare? Sound Physicians is seeking a physician leader with a start-up mentality to come build the future of our Value-Based Hospitalist (VBH) program.
The Regional Medical Director (RMD) is responsible for the performance of Sound’s VBH programs at our partner hospitals within the New York and New Jersey areas. The RMD has the responsibility of implementing, supervising the clinical teams, and continuously improving the program at each of the region’s hospitals. Along with the chief medical officer, the RMD will assume the vital role of monitoring quality assurance and will assist in analyzing data, monitoring programs, and developing concrete solutions to ensure the continued delivery of excellent medical care. The ability to roll up one’s sleeves, be active in the community, and build relationships in both clinical and administrative capacities will be essential to the success of this position.
The ideal RMD candidate will have:
- Experience with both inpatient and outpatient medicine
- Proven leadership experience in a distributed team environment
- A “Practice Ownership” mentality
- An entrepreneurial drive committed to growing the practice
- An appreciation of the “big picture”
- A positive attitude with a high degree of energy
- Effective and persuasive communication skills
- An excellent reputation as a clinician with a calm and rational approach to problem-solving
- An ability to forge strong relationships in the local medical community
- Board certification in family medicine or internal medicine
- The ability to lead and manage quality care across large networks
We Know What Matters To You
As a physician-founded and led organization, we know what matters to you. Trust, recognition, camaraderie, hassle-free onboarding are just a few areas where we excel. As a regional medical director, we know you will add tremendous value to the organization as you are afforded the autonomy to make program-scale decisions and develop innovative solutions that make Sound an employer of choice for clinicians and partner of choice for hospitals. If you are ready to challenge the status quo and transform the acute episode of care, join our team.
- Monday – Friday schedule flexing between clinical and administrative work as required.
- Benefit from competitive compensation, health benefits, professional liability, 401K contributions, and Path to Partnership.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute
- Clinical well-being programs
- Diversity Inclusion & Belonging initiatives
Location & Lifestyle
This Value-Based Hospitalist team provides care across a network of hospitals in New Jersey and southern New York where our physicians are key to fulfilling our mission focused on innovation, teamwork, quality, service, and integrity. Potential candidates will ideally live in Northern New Jersey or the Greater New York City area.