Post Acute Nurse Practitioner (SNFist)
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
With a high-touch approach, Sound helps ensure proper progress on a plan of care and identify any early warning signs for readmissions. As part of our comprehensive episode of care strategy, our team of SNFist physicians and advanced practitioners manages the care of our patients discharged from our hospitalist programs. The SNF team will be completely aligned and integrated with the physician hospitalist practice at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. One of the largest nonprofit academic medical centers in the U.S., Cedars-Sinai has clinical programs ranging from primary care to specialized treatments for rare, complex, and advanced illnesses. In addition, Cedars-Sinai serves the community through its Medical Network and through wide-ranging programs that improve the health of the most vulnerable residents of Los Angeles.
- Responsible for admissions and for executing the post-discharge plan of care
- Responsible for ensuring safe discharge to home from the skilled nursing facilities
- Provide a true continuum of care to our patients alongside our facility partners
- Competitive compensation, eligible for quality and productivity bonuses
- Our post-acute program will provide extensive administrative and logistical support to the providers as well as portable technology and flexible scheduling
- SNFist position is primarily M-F and working one weekend a month
- Access to SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Familiar and skilled with using EMRs
- Current, unrestricted license in CA
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience working with the geriatric population in a post-acute setting
Location & Lifestyle
Coined the “City of Angels,” Los Angeles residents enjoy a Mediterranean climate, excellent school systems, and unmatched beauty. LA is a melting pot that has something to offer to all cultures and backgrounds. LA is the epicenter of the entertainment industry, is home to 9 professional sports teams, and 15+ beaches, and is a perfect place to set roots. White Memorial sits in the Art District, just a few miles from Staples Center, Dodger Stadium, and beautiful Echo Park.
- Cedars-Sinai is ranked nationally in 11 specialties and has been named #6 on the “Honor Roll” in U.S. News & World Report “Best Hospitals 2021-22”
- NRC Health’s Consumer Choice Award winner
- Healthgrades Quality Award
- Top-Rated Physician Groups in Los Angeles by IHA (Integrated Health Care Associates)