Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Aiken Regional Medical Center in Aiken, South Carolina has been serving the community since 1917 and has since grown to 273 acute care beds offering a wide range of specialties and services. Services include a 24/7 emergency room, women’s center, behavioral health center, cardiovascular imaging, neurosurgery, and more! Aiken Regional Medical Centers is accredited by The Joint Commission and has received multiple awards, including the #1 most caring hospital in the region!
- Team of 10 physicians, six advanced practitioners, and three clinical performance nurses
- Award-winning program with supportive resources, including cancer care, cardiovascular institute, and a neurosciences center
- No procedures required
- No call environment
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted NP/PA license in South Carolina
- PA preferred but will consider ACNP with experience – ideally looking for a candidate with a minimum of 1- year acute care experience as an APP
Location & Lifestyle
Minutes from Augusta, GA and an hour from Columbia, Aiken, South Carolina is a 4-time winner and has been named by Southern Living as the 2018 “South’s Best Small Town.” With lush, idyllic mountains and beautiful sandy beaches less than three hours away, this is the perfect home for anyone. The old and new blend perfectly to provide a lifestyle that suits the most discriminating of tastes – affordable living, a mild climate for year-round outdoor activities. A beautiful, thriving downtown complemented by a busy retail mall; an exceptional business environment located in a small but globally cosmopolitan town; cozy cottages and single-family homes nestled among grand, historic estates; a contemporary, progressive college with a small town appeal; award-winning schools. Enjoy an active, modern lifestyle with an endless list of things to do that include equestrian sports, year-round recreational sports, the arts, hiking, fishing, and a host of other ventures. All entrenched in Southern Charm.