Hospitalist (FT or PT) – Escanaba, MI
Full or Part-time Hospitalist Physician Opportunities in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
OSF St. Francis Hospital is a 25-bed, not-for-profit, critical access hospital. Since 1884 OSF St. Francis has been caring for patients in the South Central Upper Peninsula. They have been named a Top Hospital by The Leapfrog Group for six years.
- An established team of 4 physicians and 1 advanced practitioner
- No call environment
- Co-managed, 6-bed ICU; Procedure experience is not required
- Codes ran by hospitalists
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
- Board-certified in internal medicine (ABIM) or family medicine (ABFM) is required; Residents welcome to apply!
Location & Lifestyle
Escanaba, located along the shores of Little Bay De Noc in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, is home to one of the safest natural harbors in the upper Great Lakes, which makes the area a natural destination for boaters and outdoor enthusiasts. Escanaba’s downtown features more than a mile of unique, distinctive shops and businesses and boasts a top-notch public library that offers extensive services not typically found in a community its size, as well as an Art Center featuring some of the finest community theater and art exhibits in the Midwest. Escanaba is also the home to a quality educational system, including a community college. With so many amenities and opportunities, Escanaba is a great place to work, play, and live.
Commitment to our Front-Line Clinicians
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians’ Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.