Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Swing Shift)
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Ascension Genesys Hospital provides award-winning, compassionate healthcare in southeastern Michigan. Ascension Genesys is a full-service hospital. It is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and Level II Trauma Center. It is also a teaching hospital for residents and fellows, with several specialties being represented.
- 350-bed, non-profit, acute care hospital
- An established team of 17 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Residents are responsible for codes
- Semi-open ICU with full critical care support
- Procedures are not required
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- A current, unrestricted license in Michigan
- Acute care certification required (ANCC, NCCPA, or AANP) with a minimum of 1 year of hospitalist experience
Location & Lifestyle
The City of Grand Blanc is located in southeast Genesee County 10 miles south of Flint and 60 miles north of Detroit. Our school system is one of the best in the State of Michigan. Opportunities for shopping and dining are available in the city, as well as medical and dental facilities. Churches of all denominations are present throughout the area. Bus, train, and air transportation are easily accessible. The name “Grand Blanc” is synonymous with “Golf”! Located within the Grand Blanc community are several fine public and private golf courses. Warwick Hills Country Club, situated just south of the City limits, was host to the annual Buick Open Golf Tournament, the first corporate-sponsored PGA tour and the only PGA tour event held in the State of Michigan, for 50 years. Grand Blanc prides itself on its small-town atmosphere and friendliness and is an excellent community in which to work and live.