Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Post Acute
Join Sound’s Post-Acute Northern Michigan Team
We provide post-acute care Monday – Friday coverage for over 20 locations throughout Northern Michigan. No weekends nor holiday shifts. There is shared on-call amongst all providers.
With a high-touch approach, Sound helps ensure proper progress on a plan of care and identify any early warning signs for readmissions. Our post-acute program will provide extensive administrative and logistical support to the providers as well as portable technology and flexible scheduling.
- Provide a true continuum of care to our patients alongside our facility partners
- Schedule: 5 days a week Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Local area travel required – visiting approximately 1-3 SNF’s a day
- Access to SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded. Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better.
Requirements of Post Acute Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Experience working with the geriatric population in a post-acute setting preferred
- Ability to work as a team member
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Familiar and skilled with using EMRs
- Current, unrestricted license in MI
Location & Lifestyle
Located on Lake Michigan’s Grand Traverse Bay, Traverse City is the economic and cultural hub of northern lower Michigan. It has a national reputation as one of the most desirable communities in which to live and work. Four seasons of outdoor recreation from boating, biking, golfing to skiing. Numerous festivals including the National Cherry Festival. There is extensive culture and arts with the world-renowned Interlochen Center for the Arts, Dennos Art Museum, Art galleries, and art festivals. It is also an award-winning food and wine destination.