Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (Part-time)
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Mercy Health – West Hospital was newly constructed in 2013 and offers a wide range of services including a birthing center, comprehensive heart care (open heart surgery, cardiac cath, etc.), oncology, women’s health, orthopedic and spine care.
- 250-bed, community-based, non-profit hospital
- Established team of 16 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance
- Hospitalists run codes and rapid respond; Early or late physician responds to the page
- No call environment
- Open ICU (mandatory pulmonary consult); Procedure experience required
- Schedule: 12-hr shift, weekends
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Ohio; Acute care certification preferred; ACLS required
- Minimum of 1 year of acute care experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Cincinnati’s blend of cultural heritage, historic architecture, and world-class sports teams and museums draw people from all over the United States. Popular Cincinnati attractions include cruising along the Ohio River in the BB Riverboats, going to see the Bengals pro-football, or the Reds pro-baseball teams play, strolling along the Cincinnati Riverfront Park, or visiting one of the many art and history museums. Other attractions include the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, the Krohn Conservatory, and Coney Island. Cincinnati’s mix of indoor and outdoor entertainment, restaurants, and attractions make it the perfect city in which to live and work, no matter the season.