Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Nocturnist
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
With support from more than 800 employees, OMH services residents and visitors through the Northern Michigan region. Munson Otsego Memorial Hospital was founded in 1951 and is consistently rated among the very best hospitals in the nation for quality and safety based on multiple, specific quality measures.
- 46-bed, non-profit hospital
- Team of 3 physicians and 3 advanced practitioners
- No call environment
- Hospitalist physicians respond to codes
- 5-bed low acuity ICU; Procedures are not required
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Michigan; AGAC, ACNP, or PA-C required
- Minimum 1 year of hospitalist experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Gaylord is located right in the center of Michigan’s northern Lower Peninsula. It is an outdoor paradise with lakes, river systems, trail networks, parks, and wilderness. Gaylord is known as a premier summer golf mecca with 17 golf courses! There are world-class resorts and championship golf designed by some of America’s top golf course designers. It is located 60 miles northeast of Traverse City on I75.