Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Mercy Medical Center – Cedar Rapids is known in eastern Iowa for medical excellence & providing compassionate care for over a century. Focused on quality, the hospital has 100% private patient rooms & has been ranked as one of the nation’s “Top 100” hospitals by Truven Health Analytics for three consecutive years. The hospital now has more than 2,100 employees & includes all specialties.
- 242-bed, non-profit, community hospital
- Established team of 14 dedicated hospitalists, 8 advanced practitioners, and a clinical
- Open ICU with mandatory Pulmonary Consult; APPs are not in the ICU
- No call environment
- Hospitalists will respond to codes and assist however they can
- Flexible block schedule; Must be interested open to working swing shift (12pm-12:00am) and help out on day shift and some nights as needed
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Current, unrestricted license in Iowa; 1+ years of acute care, hospitalist experience preferred
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
Location & Lifestyle
Located in Eastern Iowa, just a short 30-minute drive from Iowa City and The University of Iowa, the residents of Cedar Rapids enjoy a well-balanced quality of life that is the cornerstone of the town’s mindset. Cedar Rapids is among Forbes Magazine’s top 20 best places to live and Parenting Magazine has named the city “One of the 10 best cities in the United States to raise a family”. The Eastern Iowa area has one of the best educational systems in America, Cedar Rapids’ schools are among the top in the state. The city maintains outdoor and indoor ice rinks, public golf courses, cross-country ski trails, a toboggan run, municipal swimming pools, public tennis courts, and more than 40 baseball, softball and soccer fields. There are registered historic buildings to modern architecture to country living on acres of land, the area has housing to meet any family’s interests.