Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Dover, OH
Full-time Advanced Practitioner (NP or PA) Opportunity in Dover, OH
As a result of their hard work and commitment to patient care, Union Hospital, a Cleveland Clinic Hospital, has been named by HealthGrades as a 2017 Top Hospital for Patient Safety and has been named “100 Great Community Hospitals” by Becker’s Hospital Review!
- 154-bed, community hospital; Primary stroke center and MIDAS+ Platinum Award Winner
- Established team of 6 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU; Co-managed with the pulmonologist
- Procedure experience is required
- Hospitalists are part of the code team
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- A current, unrestricted license in Ohio
- Hospitalist experience preferred; Open to new grads!
Location & Lifestyle
Dover is a rural community known for its marvelous wineries and scenic golf courses and is just a short distance from Canton and equal distance to Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh. With a low cost of living, Dover is appealing for all who desire a suburban lifestyle close to the city. Each year, Dover is the host of many events celebrating its rich history. The Canal Days Festival fills downtown with families, music, and other entertainment during the Memorial Day weekend. The Italian-American Festival celebrates the culture of Tuscarawas County’s Italian heritage.
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value you bring when you are empowered to perform the full scope of your practice. From the start of your career with Sound Physicians, we will support you in providing the excellent care that you long to give each patient through continual professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance. As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will thrive in an environment that promotes our organizational core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation.
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, and patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.