Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Hospitalist
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
As a result of their hard work and commitment to patient care, Union Hospital, a Cleveland Clinic Hospital, has been named by HealthGrades as a 2017 Top Hospital for Patient Safety and has been named “100 Great Community Hospitals” by Becker’s Hospital Review!
- 154-bed, community hospital; Primary stroke center and MIDAS+ Platinum Award Winner
- Established team of 6 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU; Co-managed with the pulmonologist
- Procedure experience is required
- Hospitalists are part of the code team
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education, and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- A current, unrestricted license in Ohio
- Hospitalist experience preferred; Open to new grads!
Location & Lifestyle
Dover is a rural community known for its marvelous wineries and scenic golf courses and is just a short distance from Canton and equal distance to Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh. With a low cost of living, Dover is appealing for all who desire a suburban lifestyle close to the city. Each year, Dover is the host of many events celebrating its rich history. The Canal Days Festival fills downtown with families, music, and other entertainment during the Memorial Day weekend. The Italian-American Festival celebrates the culture of Tuscarawas County’s Italian heritage.