Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, Hospital Medicine
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Onslow Memorial Hospital is proud to announce they are one of the nation’s safest hospitals and has received Healthgrades 2019 Patient Safety Excellence Award! This recognition places Onslow Memorial Hospital in the top 5% of all hospitals as evaluated and reported by Healthgrades and is the only hospital to be recognized in the Wilmington/New Bern/Washington/Greenville region.
- Team of 8 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Schedule: 7 on / 7 off; 7am – 7 pm
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license (NP/PA)
Location & Lifestyle
If you love the coast, consider the southeastern coast of North Carolina! Named by Forbes as the fifth-fastest growing small city in the United States, Jacksonville is only 30 minutes from the beach offering endless water sports, boating, and fishing. With a cost of living lower than the national average, spend your time at Camp Lejeune Memorial Gardens or embark on a shelling cruise to Bear Island or a fishing trip on New River. Nearby Swansboro, named “25 Coolest Towns in America to Visit in 2021”, offers scenic views, a charming downtown, and exquisite multicultural dining options.