Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Grand Blanc, MI
To prospective teammates,
I’m the medical director for Ascension Genesys Hospital, located in Grand Blanc, Michigan. I have been a part of Sound Physicians for four years. I’m proud of the hospitalist practice we have built and welcome interest from advanced practice providers (APPs) coming out of training or desiring a career change. I’d like to share more about it, specifically about our people, practice, and purpose, as you consider options:
- We are a closely knit, established team of 14 physicians and two advanced practice providers, with the support of a clinical performance nurse.
- We are a diverse group. Providers who have trained and practiced in different states now call Michigan home.
- We take pride in our relationship with the hospital and are involved in committees ranging from CHF to mortality. We participate in the internal medicine staff meeting and so many more.
- As a group, we like to have fun. We gather socially for dinner and drinks. Our providers enjoy hiking, skiing, tennis, gardening, and much more. We want to share our hobbies and expertise around the office.
- We welcome the challenge of complex cases. There is an open ICU with intensivist coverage. Our team is not expected to do procedures. Residents run codes and rapids, and our team attends to our patients. During the day, we have six physicians and one admitting APP. During the evening, we have one nocturnist providing cross-coverage and admissions.
- For those who like to teach, we work with medical students, APPs, and third-year Ascension Genesys IM residency program residents.
- We meet once a month for team meetings. These are intended to update the team on any hospital or group initiatives, discuss barriers, and highlight providers making a difference.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D insurance, long- and short-term disability, 401k with match, paid medical malpractice and tail coverage, and annual CME allowance.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound’s practices, where teammates can expand their careers here locally and within the broader medical group.
- We’re a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
More about our community:
Grand Blanc entices residents with its small-town feel and convenient location. Families appreciate the highly-rated school system and peaceful, safe neighborhoods. The charming downtown exudes a strong sense of community, with local shops, cafes, and events fostering connections. Nature lovers enjoy abundant parks and recreation areas, including Holloway Reservoir and the Flint River Trail. Affordable housing options attract diverse residents, from young professionals to retirees. While nightlife might be limited, Grand Blanc offers easy access to the urban attractions of Flint and the larger metro area. Whether it’s the historic charm, outdoor activities, or friendly atmosphere, Grand Blanc provides a balanced and welcoming environment for many.
To learn more, please get in touch with my recruiting partner, who will put you in touch with me.
Saumeet Shah, MD, Medical Director