Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Emergency Medicine
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
Hospital emergency departments have become the source of the majority of hospital admissions, so continually striving to improve outcomes in the emergency department is key to a hospital’s success. With the goal of always improving patient care and experience, our processes streamline transitions from the emergency department to the ICU to inpatient admissions. We believe that clinical integration between emergency medicine, critical care, and hospital medicine teams are imperative. Using our proven processes, our clinical teams align to streamline inter-department handoffs, improve clinical performance, and patient experience.
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
- 298-bed, acute care, community hospital with 18 observation beds
- Volume – 55,000; Separate Peds ED
- High acuity ED (27%); Procedures required
- Integrated care program – Sound manages the hospitalist, critical care, and emergency medicine services
- Part-time option available
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
The Sound Physicians’ emergency medicine leadership recognizes the medical team as key to the success of our hospital partnerships. The clinical onboarding of all our nurse practitioners and physician assistants is a coordinated process that recognizes the skill level of the APP based on a tiered approach to their clinical experience. While the EM APP onboarding program is standardized, it is guided and overseen at the site level by site-specific leaders.
- Collaborate with fellow APPs and physicians in managing a thriving and very busy ED
- Opportunity to mentor NP/PA students that rotate through the ED and also learn procedures if that is of interest
- ACLS/BLS/PALS required
- Current, unrestricted license in MD with at least 2 years of emergency medicine experience required
Location & Lifestyle
Located less than an hour from Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Gettysburg, the city of Frederick, Maryland is surrounded by mountain views, scenic walking trails, wineries, orchards, and a vibrant downtown.
Surrounded by mountain views, wineries, orchards, and vibrant Main Street communities
Visitors can hike on the Appalachian Trail, visit Maryland’s largest brewery, and tour a battlefield all in one day