Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care (Nocturnist)
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
We are excited to announce our newest hospital partnership with Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center in Atlanta, GA to provide critical care services at their 528-bed, Level 1 trauma center.
- Team of 5 physicians and 3 advanced practitioners
- 40-bed, closed ICU with medical, surgical, cardiac, and neuro populations
- Modified block schedule- Nights only
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians. As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU to include procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical, surgical, cardiac and neuro patients (LVAD, ECMO, TAVR, etc)
- Actively present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in GA and active BLS/ACLS certification
- Minimum 3 years of practice experience as NP/PA required with recent critical care experience
Location & Lifestyle
Atlanta is the hub of the south and offers diverse community and cultural options and easy access to international points of interest via Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Home to a wide variety of sporting and recreational venues, Atlanta has something for everyone. Endless community possibilities surround the Atlanta metro area providing families their choice of housing and neighborhood options.