Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care (Nocturnist)
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
We are looking for experienced advanced practice providers to join our newest critical care program in beautiful Tuscaloosa, Alabama!
DCH Regional Medical Center, the cornerstone of DCH Health System, serves the residents of Tuscaloosa and the greater Western Alabama region. This large tertiary care center is adjacent to the University of Alabama’s campus and is home to a large sub-specialty network providing the highest level of care to the region. Active cardiac, vascular, trauma, and neuroscience programs are at the core of the medical center’s care network. A long-standing affiliation with the University of Alabama allows for a large complement of residents to support the hospital’s mission and vision.
- 583-bed, regional medical center
- 32-bed ICU with primarily medical & surgical patients
- Teaching hospital with family medicine residents; In July 2021, 3rd and 4th-year medical students from UAB will begin rotating with us in ICU
- Phenomenal ICU nursing, respiratory therapy, pharmacy, & palliative care teams; We also have dedicated critical care pharmacists
- Nocturnist APP will work alongside intensivist from 7p-7a
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians. As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU to include procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical, surgical, cardiac and neuro patients (LVAD, ECMO, TAVR, etc)
- Actively present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license in AL and active BLS/ACLS certification
- Minimum of 3 years of practice experience with recent critical care experience is preferred
Location & Lifestyle
Tuscaloosa is a welcoming community steeped in history and home to the University of Alabama. While Tuscaloosa takes great pride in the Crimson Tide’s sports teams, there is so much more that make this a great place to call home. Roughly 200,000 people live in Tuscaloosa County with continued growth due to our thriving economy. Tuscaloosa sits on the Black Warrior River and is surrounded by lakes which is great for outdoor enthusiasts. Several of the top-ranked golf courses in the country are right here in Tuscaloosa. Our cost of living is 12% below the US average, excellent public and private schools, as well as a lively downtown & music scene, are a few reasons Tuscaloosa is a great place to live. Birmingham is less than an hour away, with easy commutes to Atlanta, Nashville, and many beautiful beach communities on the Gulf Coast.