Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care
Critical Care NP/PA opportunity conveniently located near Baltimore and DC – weekday shifts only!
Frederick Memorial Hospital opened in 1902 and is the only acute care hospital within a 25-mile radius of Frederick, MD. The hospital offers advanced surgical services and state-of-the-art care in a variety of disciplines that are new to the Frederick Community, including the Da Vinci Surgical System. They were named “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®” by The Joint Commission and are presently building a brand-new ICU program.
- 20-bed closed ICU – brand new ICU facility opened
- APP works alongside Intensivist Monday-Friday from 7 am-3 pm
- Manageable workload: 12-16 patients per day between the Intensivist and Advanced Practice Provider.
- In 2022, Frederick Health was named one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals, with additional awards in Critical Care Excellence and for Stroke Care by Healthgrades America.
- Must be comfortable with basic ICU procedures
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU
- Actively present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license
Location & Lifestyle
Frederick, MD is a progressive city nestled in the foothills of the easternmost ridge of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is Maryland’s second-largest city and part of the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area. Boasting a bustling downtown and endless outdoor activities and resources, Frederick is a welcoming community with options for every interest. Frederick’s central location allows commuters from Baltimore and the surrounding DC area. Many medical staff live in desirable suburbs like Elliot City and Columbia, providing an easy commute to Frederick as well as Baltimore and DC.