Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – Critical Care (Part-time)
Join a Collegial Practice Where You Thrive
As an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our Intensivist teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Montefiore Nyack Hospital is a 391-bed level III trauma center located just north of New York City in the quaint community of Nyack, NY, and has been caring for the families of Rockland County and the surrounding communities for more than 125 years. Since 1895 its mission has been to provide competent, innovative, and accessible emergency and acute care for its patients. Today, Montefiore Nyack Hospital is proudly affiliated with the Montefiore Health System and continues to evolve to meet the needs of those that call Rockland County home. As an award-winning Certified Stroke Center, Nyack Hospital has dedicated specialists and resources to expedite care for stroke patients. Nyack Hospital is also a rotation site for medical students from Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- 19-bed ICU – medical and surgical patients
- Team of 4 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- Schedule: Part-time, modified block
- No call environment
Montefiore Nyack Hospital has received numerous designations and awards for the dedication and community to patient care and quality from various private, state, and federal agencies. The hospital is focused on the future and remaining dynamic in its efforts to provide the best care for its patients. To that end, Montefiore Nyack Hospital is undergoing a Care Transformation Project that includes a newly expanded Emergency Department and Medical Village with plans to continue their renovations in the coming years.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can provide the highest level of critical care to our patients. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians. As a Critical Care APP you can expect to:
- Independently assess, examine and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Manage medical, surgical, cardiac and neuro patients (LVAD, ECMO, TAVR, etc)
- Actively present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted ACNP license and active BLS/ACLS certification
- Minimum 3 years of practice experience as a critical care NP
Location & Lifestyle
The village of Nyack is perched on the banks of the Hudson River, just across the Tappan Zee Bridge in Rockland County, New York, and offers the amenities of an urban lifestyle and the comforts of a small-town community. Nyack’s streets are lined with quaint shops and local eateries that offer countless options as you enjoy a stroll through their idyllic streets. Nyack is perfectly situated between New York City and Upstate New York and adjacent to northern New Jersey.