A Collegial Practice That Works For You
As a nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. Sound values our advanced practice providers and realizes they need a forum to collaborate. Our APP collaborative was formed to provide development opportunities and to advance the role of our providers who work alongside our physician providers. We offer the same leadership development opportunities for APPs that are provided to our physician providers.
St. James Healthcare is a 100-bed Level III Trauma center and one of Montana’s largest comprehensive hospitals, serving the healthcare needs of people throughout a seven-county region. St. James Healthcare has played an important role in the history of Butte, Montana. Founded in 1881 by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, St. James has been known for generations for its mission of compassionate care and service to the poor. Today, that commitment is accompanied by St. James’ reputation as a technological leader in Montana’s healthcare industry and the largest acute-care hospital in southwest Montana. St. James is part of SCL Health, a nonprofit faith-based health system with 9 hospitals in three states.
- Established team with 6 physicians, 4 nurse practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Co-managed open ICU
- No procedures required
- No call environment
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Extremely flexible and adaptable
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Montana; candidate should have a minimum of 1 year of recent acute care experience as an APP
Location & Lifestyle
BIG, BOLD skies, and outdoor recreation. The only place to live when you love the outdoors. Located right on the western edge of the Continental Divide (and midway between two national parks), quality of life and balance are realities in this SW Montana town. Benefit from enough blocked time off to enjoy the surrounding mountainous area and close-by opportunities to hike, climb, ski, bike, golf, fish, float, and boat or just relax in the abundant natural hot springs.