Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, and patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
Kona Community Hospital is a 94-bed full-service community hospital with 24-hour emergency services that has served the community of West Hawaii for nearly 100 years. Adding more and more services over the years has enabled KCH to provide quality care to residents and visitors whenever they are in need. As one of the largest employers in West Hawaii, KCH staff includes over 400 highly skilled employees and 100 medical staff practitioners, many of whom have been with KCH for more than 20 years.
- Established team with 8 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Procedures preferred
- Open ICU
- Vent management is required; no intensivist on site
- No call environment
- 7 on/7 off schedule
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
KCH was voted Best Hospital in West Hawaii in the 2010 West Hawaii Today poll and was awarded the Kona-Kohala Chamber of Commerce Pualu Business Innovation Award, the American Heart Association’s Silver Performance Award in Heart Failure it also received 3rd Place in HMSA’s HQSR Heart Program. Additionally, it was the first hospital on Hawaii Island to begin the Level III Trauma Center designation process.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- ACNP preferred but will also accept FNP with experience or physician assistants
Location & Lifestyle
The sunny Kona district stretches for nearly 60 miles, from Kona International Airport to beyond Kealakekua Bay on Hawaii Island’s lava-lined western coast. The heart of Kona is a bustling gathering place just 15 minutes south of Kona International Airport. Home to shops, restaurants, and nightlife, it offers a variety of opportunities and activities for people from all walks of life.
Numerous historical and cultural sites and museums throughout West Hawaii provide a perspective on developments that are the legacy of present-day Hawaii. These range from Hawaiian archeological sites such as Mookini Heiau in Kohala to the graceful Hilihe’e Palace and Mokuaikaua Church in Kailua-Kona to Waimea’s Parker Ranch and the modernistic Ellison Onizuka Space Museum at the Kona International Airport.
The vibrant cultural and historical background and diverse environment of the beautiful Kona coast make this location an area that visitors love to travel to and residents love to call home.