Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Rust Medical Center (RMC) is a full-service, state-of-the-art hospital designed to provide safe, patient-centered, operationally efficient, environmentally friendly, and technologically innovative care to residents of Rio Rancho. Presbyterian Hospital again named Best Regional Hospital In 2019, Presbyterian Hospital* was again the only hospital in New Mexico to be named a best regional hospital by U.S. News & World Report and was also recognized for high performance in treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and heart failure, as well as for knee and hip replacements. Presbyterian Hospital* was recently recognized by Healthgrades® as one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals and one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for stroke, critical and pulmonary care in 2019. Presbyterian is the only hospital in New Mexico to receive these four distinctions.
- 92-bed community hospital that is part of the Presbyterian Health Care System
- Established team with 27.5 physicians and two clinical performance nurses
- Hospitalists respond to codes for their respective patients
- Closed ICU
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Awards and Accolades
In 2019, Presbyterian Hospital was the only hospital in New Mexico to be named the best regional hospital by U.S. News & World Report and was also recognized for high performance in treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and heart failure, as well as for knee and hip replacements.
Presbyterian Rust Medical Center was named a top performer for quality and patient safety at the annual meeting of the New Mexico Hospital Association, based on the most recent 12 months in the Hospital Improvement Innovation Network, a program funded by the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services. Presbyterian Rust Medical Center was named one of the top five general acute care hospitals.
Presbyterian Hospital was recently recognized by Healthgrades® as one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals and one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for stroke, critical and pulmonary care in 2019. Presbyterian is the only hospital in New Mexico to receive these four distinctions.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross-cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within the NP/PA scope of practice
- A current, unrestricted license in New Mexico
Location & Lifestyle
The city of Rio Rancho sits in close proximity to Albuquerque and Santa Fe which offers you the best of both worlds. Sound Physicians offers excellent compensation and a high-tech team-oriented environment where a multidisciplinary approach to quality healthcare is embraced.
- Rio Rancho, New Mexico is the third-largest fastest growing city and economic hub of Sandoval County
- Nestled at 5,290 feet above sea level, Rio Rancho offers a mild, high-desert climate that is perfect for year-round sporting events, scenic tours, and outdoor adventures
- Convenient and affordable access to Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and a variety of landscapes
- Voted 3 years as Money Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Live”
- Access to skiing, golfing, hiking, biking, and hot-air ballooning are just a few of the choices for outdoor activities