Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, and patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
MultiCare Allenmore Hospital is a 130-licensed-bed community hospital with 6 ICU beds and a level IV trauma center. Founded in 1928, MultiCare Allenmore prides itself in being the neighborhood community hospital in the city of Tacoma. As a trusted healthcare partner, MultiCare Allenmore is continuing to expand its services to meet the needs of the patients it serves.
- Established team with 7 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Hospitalists run codes
- Co-managed ICU
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in WA. Candidates must have a minimum of one-year recent acute care experience as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant
Location & Lifestyle
With four programs to choose from all just 30 – 40 minutes from Seattle, you can enjoy awe-inspiring natural wonders that frame the area with views of Mount Rainier popping up all around western Washington while the seemingly endless shoreline of Puget Sound provides glistening water views with a backdrop of majestic mountain ranges peppering the scenery. Life here delivers an unimaginable variety – hiking mountain trails, world-renowned shopping, and outdoor recreation, amazing global dining with fresh, local seafood, unique Pacific Northwest cuisine, arts and culture, and nationally recognized museums. From Seattle’s bustling neighborhoods and rich diversity to Tacoma’s vibrant, urban core alive with culture and historic homes to Puyallup’s scenic great outdoors, and family-friendly neighborhoods, there are a plethora of area options to fit anyone’s lifestyle.
- Pulse Heart Institute at MultiCare Allenmore Hospital was named one of the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States by IBM Watson Health™
- Recipient of the Stage 7 Awards from HIMSS Analytics.
- “A” Hospital Safety Score by The Leapfrog Group