Nocturnist Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice That Works for You
Sound Physicians’ nurse practitioners and physician assistants enjoy a key role in driving improvements in acute care, alongside our emergency medicine physicians. In support of our core values, we ensure our advanced practice providers have the time and resources needed to deliver compassionate care. You will be involved with driving improvements in quality, patient satisfaction, and aligning with hospital leadership in achieving the goals set for the team.
Minden Medical Center serves a population of over 70,000 residents in Webster, Claiborne, Bienville Parishes, and the surrounding area. The hospital offers 24/7 emergency care, general surgery, nephrology, cardiopulmonary, orthopedic & sports medicine, otolaryngology, radiology, and obstetrics and gynecological services.
- 161-bed acute care medical center
- Open ICU
- Schedule – 7on/ 7off
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Louisiana; acute care experience as an APP is strongly preferred and required for FNPs
Location and Lifestyle
The city of Minden offers all the benefits of small-town living and is just under 30 miles away from Shreveport. Minden has excellent schools and numerous sports programs. Residents can enjoy golf, tennis, an aquatic club, and the area’s bayous and lakes. Minden is the top contributor to the St. Jude Children’s research hospital and will be featured on HGTV’s Hometown Kickstart this spring!
Awards and Recognitions
- Becker’s Hospital Review named Minden Medical Center in 2013 among the “100 Great Community Hospitals,” a list based on hospitals’ quality of care and service to the community
- Minden Medical Center was chosen as one of the “100 Top Hospitals” by Thomson Reuters in 2003, 2009, and 2011. This award signifies achieved excellence in clinical outcomes, patient safety, patient satisfaction, financial performance, and operation efficiency. Only two hospitals in Louisiana have received recognition three times