Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Ascension St. John Owosso is a 36-bed short-term, acute care hospital 20 minutes North of downtown Tulsa.
- Established team with 2 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- Hospitalists run codes
- Closed ICU
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Oklahoma
Awards and Recognitions
- Five-Star Quality Rating from CMS
- Ascension St. John Owasso was recently awarded a five-star rating, the highest achievement level possible, from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service.
- Ascension St. John Owasso was named one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals
- For the fourth year in a row, Ascension St. John Owasso has been named to the 2020 IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals list. This honor recognizes Ascension St. John Owasso as one of the top-performing hospitals in the nation for 2020.
- Ascension St. John Owasso Earns Excellence in Healthcare Awards from Professional Research Consultants
- Ascension St. John Owasso received awards from healthcare market research firm Professional Research Consultants for 2020-21; 5-Star patient satisfaction award (Top 10% Nationally) overall hospital rating and a 4-Star patient satisfaction award (Top 25% Nationally) for overall quality of care in its Emergency Department