Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice That Works for You
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Ascension St. John Jane Phillips in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, delivers specialty and 24/7 emergency care. Ascension St. John Jane Phillips is a destination for specialty care – including heart, stroke care, orthopedics, sleep diagnostics, wound care, and women’s health.
- 96 bed hospital
- Established team with 7 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Hospitalists run codes
- Open ICU
- No procedures required
- 7 on/off; day and night positions available
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Oklahoma
Awards and Recognition
Ascension St. John Jane Phillips has been named a top 20 rural community hospital, and a top 100 hospital. The hospital has been named among the nation’s top-performing hospitals for the treatment of heart attack patients and received the Mission Lifeline Award, an award for the Diabetes and Nutrition Center self-management education program, recognized by American Diabetes Association. The hospital has also earned the “Excellence in Healthcare” award from the Professional Research Consultants and the platinum recognition for workplace partnership for life.