Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
A Collegial Practice That Works For You
Sound Physicians is partnering with Hutchinson Regional Medical Center in Hutchinson, Kansas to provide medical care services to the inpatient population including admission, inpatient care coordination, and discharge. This team, employed by Hutchinson Regional Medical Center will enjoy Sound Physicians’ practice model which is based on a sustainable career for you. We manage your patient volume, providing you the time required with patients and families to deliver high-quality care and improve outcomes. Our physician-developed workflow and informatics platform streamlines workflow and communications, as a physician-led organization we support every clinician in becoming a strong leader in their hospital and community.
Hutchinson Regional Medical Center (HRMC) is a not-for-profit, 200-licensed bed medical facility serving the health needs of more than 65,000 residents of Hutchinson, Reno County, and the surrounding Central Kansas region. As a locally-owned and governed community hospital, HRMC is committed to delivering exceptional care to every patient with the pursuit to be the first and best choice for health care.
- Hutchinson Regional Medical Center is a not-for-profit, 200-bed medical facility serving the health needs of more than 65,000 residents of Hutchinson, KS
- Established team with 8 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU with intensivist support
- No procedures required
- 7 on/7 off
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Kansas; will consider family practice or geriatric certification with recent acute care experience. Ideally looking for a candidate with a minimum of 1 year with recent acute care experience as an APP
Location & Lifestyle
Hutchinson and Reno County are located in the heart of south-central Kansas. Exceptional schools, a thriving healthcare system, and dedicated business leaders and community members make the area a vibrant, great place to live and work. Packed with big city conveniences in a micropolitan atmosphere, Hutchinson/Reno County is the best of both worlds. There is the vibrancy of a city determined to thrive and progress, yet without the big city problems. Hutchinson/Reno County boasts a reasonable cost of living, beautiful scenery, and friendly people and gets high marks for its lifestyle and quality of place. It’s a mecca for creative talented people pursuing challenging careers. Simply, we’re diverse. We’re innovative. We’re the community you should call home.