Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Community Medical Center (CMC), a not-for-profit corporation, is a 151-bed hospital owned by the community of Missoula and is governed by a 15-member Board of Directors. CMC is the only facility providing obstetrical and newborn care in Missoula County. CMC is the only hospital in western Montana that has a separate pediatric intensive care unit for children and has the largest, most comprehensive, and longest-standing rehabilitation center of its kind in the state.
- Established team with 6 physicians, one advanced practitioner, and a clinical performance nurse
- No call
- No procedures required
- Open ICU with intensivist support
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
Our talented providers are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our providers can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our providers.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in Montana; ideally looking for a candidate with a minimum of 1 year of recent acute care or hospitalist experience as an APP
Location & Lifestyle
Known as the “Garden City” for its forested, lush surroundings and plentiful freshwater, Missoula is the leader among Montana cities in culture, community, and bringing national events to local venues. A 4 season recreational destination, Missoula stays active year-round with events, outdoor activities, local breweries, and an abundance of city parks. Home of the University of Montana, Missoula is popular with Division 1 sports lovers and academics alike. The beautiful Clark Fork River runs through the city center and the area offers mountain biking, hiking, trail running, & skiing. Missoula’s airport also has daily flights to major cities on 4 major airlines.