Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Thrive Where Contributions Are Rewarded and Valued
St. Elizabeth Community Hospital is a 76-bed not-for-profit, acute care hospital owned and operated by the Dignity Health system. For over 100 years, St. Elizabeth Community Hospital has served the people of Red Bluff and the county of Tehama County, providing quality patient care in a healing environment dedicated to good health. Providing compassionate care is a priority for St. Elizabeth Community Hospital. An award-winning facility, offering a range of services to the surrounding community.
- Established team with 6 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- Open ICU
- No procedures required
- 7 on/7 off schedule for APPs; 8 am-6 pm shift
- Salary range: $150k-$160k; dependent upon experience
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
St. Elizabeth Community Hospital provides state-of-the-art health care to the North State communities. This award-winning facility is a member of the Dignity Health system of healthcare providers and is a not-for-profit medical center. Located in picturesque Tehama County, St. Elizabeth offers a trauma level III emergency department, comprehensive surgical services, and a progressive Family Birth Center. St. Elizabeth Community Hospital has built a reputation for excellence in orthopedics, family-centered maternity care, and emergency services. St. Elizabeth is a sister facility to Mercy Medical Center Redding and Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta and is committed to providing the highest quality, compassionate care available.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in CA; acute care experience preferred but open to new AGACNP or PA grads – cannot accept FNPs without experience
Location & Lifestyle
Located in picturesque Tehama County, Red Bluff is located midway between Sacramento and the Oregon border on Interstate 5. It boasts a population of about 14,000 and sits on the bank of the Sacramento River. Red Bluff not only serves as a gateway to Lassen Volcanic National Park but also enjoys a Mediterranean climate with cool, wet winters and hot, dry summers. The area is known for its agriculture, quaint downtown, western events such as the famous Red Bluff Round-Up, and close proximity to limitless outdoor recreation opportunities.