Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner w/ $2k per month travel stipend*
Hospitalist Nurse Practitioner Opportunity with a $2k travel stipend
Make a difference in an underserved community at Delano Regional Medical Center (governed by Central California Foundation for Health) a full-service community and regional hospital. With 156 beds, DRMC is a not-for-profit regional medical center with services including an intensive care unit, a sub-acute care unit, a medical-surgical unit, a dedicated surgical pavilion, and an obstetrics-gynecology unit.
- Team of 2 physicians and 4 APPs
- No procedures are required
- Open ICU
- Salary range: $145k – $150k per year dependent upon experience
- A monthly travel stipend of $2k is offered to applicants living outside of a 50-mile radius of Delano
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the medical director and within NP/PA scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in CA. Will consider an FNP with 1+ years of recent acute care experience as an NP.
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Location & Lifestyle
The City of Delano is in the Southern San Joaquin Valley and 31 miles Northwest of Bakersfield. Delano is Kern County’s second-largest city offering access to the central California wine country, central coast beach communities, Sierra Nevada Mountains, and all the world-class shopping, dining, and sightseeing in Los Angeles. With a multitude of options for recreational fun including skiing, hiking, camping, fly-fishing, and white-water rafting.