A Collegial Practice Where You Can Thrive
Long Beach Medical Center consistently achieves national accolades for providing quality care and is recognized as a major regional provider of medical and surgical services. Their state-of-the-art electronic medical record system ensures patients receive the best, safest possible care.
- 741 bed non-profit hospital
- An established team of 9 physicians, 4 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurses
- No procedures required
- Co-managed ICU
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
Requirements of Nurse Practitioners
As a nurse practitioner with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound core values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
- Perform evaluation and management services to patients requiring hospitalist services with the hospitalist practice
- Develop treatment plans
- Complete admissions from ED
- Perform dictation of H&P examinations
- Cross cover for the hospitalist team
- Perform such other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the chief hospitalist and within the NP scope of practice
- Current, unrestricted license in CA; Open to new grads!
When you join Sound Physicians, you join an organization that strives to be the unmatched leader in improving quality and reducing the cost of healthcare in the communities we serve. You will make an impact on creating the best clinical outcomes and processes and feel empowered to be creative and utilize your leadership skills to problem solve and drive improvement.
Location and Lifestyle
Long Beach is a beautiful, vibrant beachfront community located ½ hour from Los Angeles. Numerous unique dining and shopping destinations are mixed with eclectic neighborhoods, arts and culture, history, family-friendly activities, and endless sports and recreation opportunities in this urban waterfront playground. Enjoy a live performance at the Long Beach Performing Arts Center, home to the Long Beach Symphony Orchestra, or enjoy a fun family day at the Long Beach Aquarium. Catalina Island, Disneyland, and Universal Studios Hollywood are all a short car drive away.